Animation & Interactive Web Design
- Animation & Interactive Web Design Syllabus
- Acceptable Use Policy Assignment
- Animation & Interactive Web Enduring Understandings
- Smore Newsletter
- Navigation Bars and Videos
- Adobe Animate - Animate a Character Unit
- Adobe Animate Blinking Eyes
- Adobe Animate Dress Up Characters
- Adobe Animate Coloring and Drawing
- Web Design Syllabus
- Web Design Enduring Understandings
- Useful Links
- Lines, Shapes and Colors
- Personal Logo
- Web Design Portfolio
- Smore Newsletter - Web Design
- Computer Applications
GRIDS ARE KEY TO ALIGNMENT
The beauty of grids is that they are consistent and even things, so when you divide your design up into a certain amount of columns, you will begin with a symmetrical layout. From here, it should be much easier to judge which side of your design is overpowering the other.
Check out the website design below by Maan Ali and how it avoids unbalanced layouts by using a sharply symmetrical grid and evenly sized blocks of information and imagery.
Similarly, this design by Braulio Amado uses a three column grid with a centralized graphic to keep the design symmetrical and perfectly balanced. Even though the design is fairly strong and could easily be considered overwhelming, the neatly aligned and perfectly balanced grid keeps it cool, not cluttered.