Student Council recently ran the Blood Drive and collected over 145 pints of blood!
Some facts about Blood Donations (according to the Red Cross):
1) Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the US.
2) The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 units.
3) There are nearly 21 million blood components transfused each year in the US.
4) According to the American Cancer Society, about 1.7 million people are expected to be diagnosed with cancer in 2017. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.
5) A singe car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
If you are interested in donating you can visit redcrossblood.org to get more information and schedule a donation at a center near you.