2018-2019 Crystal Apple Writing Contest for Students
Due Date: Monday, February 25, 2019
Windows and Mirrors
· Is there a Shawnee teacher or other staff member that has molded or shaped you in some way?
· What are some of the characteristics of this role model that you “Mirror” in your own life? (Include some of their values or ideas that you try to mirror)
· How has having a “window” into their life philosophy changed your attitude or interest level in a particular subject or sport?
Now is your chance to show your appreciation and gratitude for his or her efforts…but keep your nomination a secret for now! Your Shawnee staff member will be most appreciative and surprised when you present him or her with your essay/poem. Winning students will also present a Crystal Apple to his or her teacher.
1. Select a Shawnee teacher, coach, counselor, nurse, secretary, administrator, custodian or any faculty member who has demonstrated any or all of the above traits.
2. Write a brief essay or poem that captures the essence of how this person has allowed you to grow as a person.
3. Include the positive characteristics and traits which come to mind when you think of this person.