Buses are provided for all pupils by the Board of Education. Safety is the top priority of the Lenape District Transportation Department. Consequently, cameras are on all vehicles to assure safety.
The following are regulations that are expected to be observed by all who ride the buses:
- It is recommended that students arrive at least 10 minutes prior to their scheduled pick-up time.
- Students must remain seated while on the bus and seat belts must be buckled.
- Keep head, arms and hands inside the bus at all times.
- Be courteous, friendly and obey the driver at all times, they are the authority while on the bus.
- All student Behavioral Guidelines are in effect at the bus stop and while on the bus. Of particular note, profanity, vaping, smoking, fighting, vandalism and consumption of drugs or alcohol will not be tolerated.
- Avoid distracting the driver’s attention with loud talking, laughing, bad language or unnecessary disturbances.
- Avoid cluttering up the aisle with books, sports equipment or gym bags.
- Always treat the bus equipment respectfully and help keep it clean. If a student is found to have defaced the bus in any way, they will be disciplined and the parents/guardians of the student will be responsible for the cost of the repair.
- Avoid crowding around the bus doors when it is ready to load or unload.
- Sports cleats are not permitted to be worn on the bus.
- Skateboards are not permitted on the bus.
A student who does not follow any of the procedures above will have a bus incident report sent to their school administration.