Seneca High School Air Force Junior ROTC
Take flight in our Air Force Junior Officer Training Corps (AFJROTC) program! Cadets will build skills in leadership, citizenship, character, and self-discipline. Cadets will also have opportunities to participate in community service and receive instruction in air and space fundamentals.
Cadet Major Christopher Cerra AFJROTC NJ-20101 Corps Commander
Objective of the AFJROTC
“The objective of the AFJROTC is to educate and train high school cadets in citizenship, promote community service, instill responsibility, character and self-discipline, and provide instruction in air and space fundamentals.” With these objectives the cadets will develop:
1. An appreciation of the basic elements and requirements for national security.
2. Respect for and an understanding of the need for constituted authority in a democratic society.
3. Patriotism and an understanding of their personal obligation to contribute to national security.
4. Habits of orderliness and precision
5. A high degree of personal honor, self- reliance, and leadership.
6. Broad-Based knowledge of the aerospace age and fundamental aerospace doctrine.
7. Basic military skills
8. Knowledge of and appreciation for the traditions of the Air Force
9. Interest in completing high school and pursuing high educational goals or skills.
10. An understanding of the Air Force and the Military as a possible career path.