The mission of the Shawnee High School MultiCultural Club is to foster the acceptance and respect of diversity as it pertains to the many different cultures and ethnicities of the world. Cultural knowledge is an important part of the educational experience and the MultiCultural Club will strive to enhance this knowledge, awareness and acceptance of those who are from different cultural backgrounds.
Our goal is to enhance your school experience as well as impact the cultural environment for the entire community here at Shawnee High School, by promoting ethnic and multicultural awareness and diversity. Students from different backgrounds enrich our school experience in so many ways.
Our Club is an opportunity to:
- Meet new people and build friendships with them while sharing cultures with each other
- Expand our peers’ knowledge about ethnic and cultural backgrounds
We hope to achieve our Mission by:
- Offering cultural awareness activities
- Collaborating with our sister schools (Lenape, Seneca, Cherokee), as well as other culturally-diverse schools
- Participating in cultural discussions, celebrations and landmark opportunities
- Assisting students in their understanding and knowledge of cultural differences
- Applying these lessons to everyday life in school and at home; and to our future careers