LRHSD Parking Permit Contract
To be eligible for a parking permit, the student and his/her parent/guardian must read and acknowledge the terms, conditions, rules, and procedures set forth in applicable Board Policies, Regulations, procedures, and the Student Handbook, including Board Policy 5510 and Regulation 5510, regarding student parking. The student and his/her parent/guardian must complete and sign this contract, and agree to be bound by the provisions hereof. No parking permit shall be issued until such time as the student provides the campus Administration with a true and correct copy of the student’s driver’s license, motor vehicle registration, and proof of valid insurance. In addition, a parking fee, set by the LRHSD Board of Education, will be paid prior to a parking permit being issued. Once school has started, there will be NO refund issued for any reason.
Parent(s) and/or Guardian(s) Permission:
We, the parent(s)/guardian(s) of the student submitting this LRHSD Paking Application give permission to use a motor vehicle for transportation between home and school. This permission is granted with the full understanding that transportation is provided for all students who are legally required to be transported between home and school by the Board. We assume full responsibility for the operation of this motor vehicle and the student’s conduct in connection with the operation of this motor vehicle on Board property. By executing this contract, we hereby represent that we have read, understand, and agree to the following terms and conditions, and the terms, conditions, rules, and procedures set forth in applicable Board Policies, Regulations, procedures, and the Student Handbook regarding student parking.
Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions of Parking Privileges:
1. All student motor vehicles parked on school grounds during the school day 7:30 AM - 2:27 PM must be registered with the school and the permit should hang from the rear view mirror with the parking permit number clearly visible.
2. Under no circumstances are students permitted to decorate or alter their parking spaces with temporary or permanent embellishment material. Any student not adhering to this will lose his/her parking privilege and will be made to pay restitution to have any markings removed.
3. Students are permitted to park in a Board parking lot as a matter of privilege, not of right.
4. Students must adhere to all Board, campus, municipal, and State parking regulations and law, and all relevant provisions of the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Code.
5. All student drivers must be licensed and covered by insurance.
6. Students must lock their motor vehicle and/or otherwise ensure against unauthorized access to or operation of the motor vehicle while it is parked on Board property. The Board is NOT responsible for any motor vehicle or its contents while parked or operated on Board property.
7. Students shall not speed or drive recklessly or carelessly on school property. The speed limit for motor vehicles on school property shall be no more than five (5) miles perhour.
8. Students may not loiter in or around their motor vehicle while it is parked on Board property or in the parking lot in general. Students must park their motor vehicles and immediately enter the school building. Parking lots and student motor vehicles are off limits during the school day.
9. All motor vehicles are subject to routine inspections of the exterior and interior visible spaces of the motor vehicle. A student’s motor vehicle may be searched when Board personnel reasonably suspect that the search will uncover evidence of a violation of law and/or school policy or rule.
10. All motor vehicles parked on Board property must be registered with the high school campus Administration. Parking permits remain the property of the Board and are not transferable to any individual for any purpose.
11. Students are prohibited from affixing, adorning, decorating, fastening, pasting, or otherwise causing their motor vehicle to display a sign, symbol, bumper sticker, sticker, flag, towel, decal, or emblem that contains material that materially and substantially interferes with the requirements of appropriate discipline in the operation of the school or contains material that constitutes obscene speech or speech that is vulgar, lewd, indecent, or plainly offensive.
12. All vehicular traffic will enter and exit the parking lot in an orderly fashion, i.e., single file and in the proper direction. When exiting or entering the parking lot, motor vehicle operators must use right- or left-turn signals as appropriate.
13. Students must abide by all behavioral guidelines as set forth in applicable Board Policies, Regulations, procedures and the Student Handbook while in a Board parking lot and in connection with their privilege to operate a motor vehicle on Board property.
14. Failure to adhere to the terms of this contract and applicable Board Policies, Regulations, procedures and the Student Handbook may result in the suspension or revocation of parking privileges, disciplinary action in accordance with applicable Board Policies, Regulations, procedures and the Student Handbook, and/or referral to the appropriate authorities.
Disciplinary Measures in Connection with Violation of Student Parking Requirements:
Although not every possible violation of student parking under Board Policies, Regulations, procedures and the Student Handbook is set forth below, student(s) and parent(s)/guardian(s) should be aware of the consequences for some of the most common violations of the student parking requirements. Disciplinary measures in connection with other specific misconduct shall be determined consistent with the behavioral guidelines as set forth in applicable Board Policies, Regulations, procedures and the Student Handbook.
1. Illegal Parking
First Offense: Warning and/or Detention (Lunch/Administrative).
Second Offense: Saturday Detention and Suspension of parking permit.
Third Offense: Up to 3 day suspension / Loss of parking privileges. 2.
2. Speeding/Reckless Driving
First Offense: Suspension up to 3 days /Suspension of parking privilegesfor 45 school days.
Second Offense: 3 day suspension, possible Police Intervention / Loss of parking privileges.
Third Offense: Suspension up to 10 days / Police intervention.
3. Leaving School Property without Permission
First Offense: Up to 3 day suspension /suspension of parking privileges for 45 school days
Second Offense: 5 day suspension and loss of parking privileges/Administrative Review Hearing.
Subsequent Offenses: Suspension up to 10 days / Possible Superintendent's Hearing.
4. Smoking/Vaping/Tobacco Products/E-Cigarettes/Smokeless Tobacco – Possession
First Offense: 1 day suspension/ Police Intervention. Students parking privileges will be revoked for duration of suspension per New Jersey: C.26:3D-66
Second Offense: 3 day suspension/ Police Intervention/ Administrative Review. Student parking privileges will be revoked for duration of suspension per New Jersey: C.26:3D-66
5. Smoking/Vaping/Tobacco Products/E-Cigarettes/Smokeless Tobacco – Use
First Offense: 3 day suspension/ Police Intervention. Students parking privileges will be revoked for duration of suspension per New Jersey: C.26:3D-66
Second Offense: 5 day suspension/ Police Intervention/ Student parking privileges will be revoked for duration of suspension per New Jersey: C.26:3D-66
Third Offense: 10 day suspension pending Superintendent’s Hearing/Police Intervention/ referral to municipal court/ Students parking privileges will be revoked for duration of suspension per New Jersey: C.26:3D-66.
6. Any student who is suspended three (3) or more times during his/her junior year shall lose his/her parking privileges for the remainder of their high school career. Any student who is suspended three (3) or more times during his/her senior year shall lose his/her parking privileges for the remainder of their high school career.
7. Students having a drug or alcohol violation during their high school career will be ineligible for a student parking permit.