The Lenape Regional High School District English program, in alignment with the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content English/Language Arts Standards, prepares students for success in college and their careers. Through completing our coursework, our students will be better able to
- Understand key ideas and details in various texts of all genres; analyze and evaluate text structure and its impact on the meaning of text.
- Make connections between and among texts as well as real-life experiences.
- Produce clear and coherent writing of various text types and purposes; utilize research-based strategies to produce, present and distribute these texts.
- Employ the writing process (planning, revising, editing, rewriting, publishing).
- Produce and engage in a range of conversations using a variety of media and formats.
- Evaluate speakers’ use of evidence, point of view, logic and rhetoric.
- Evaluate and respond to their and others’ oral and written communication, including reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.