May 9, 2018 - Lenape Regional High School District Board Highlights
2018-2019 One Book Theme Announced
Director of Curriculum and Instruction Heather Xenakis presented “Windows and Mirrors” as the 2018-2019 One Book theme. The idea is that books serve as windows and mirrors for their readers. Students and staff will be able to choose from 5 different books which have a common theme of characters facing adversity. The challenge for the reader will be to identify which characters, emotions, or moments reflect or give a glimpse into their own lives. For a complete list of the 5 books, please visit the One Book website.
Kiki Golf Open Scholarship
Kiki Golf Open Chairperson Steve Zeuli presented Superintendent of Schools Dr. Carol Birnbohm with a check that will be awarded to scholarship recipients from each of the 4 Lenape District High Schools. For more information about this year's event, please visit the Kiki Golf Open website.
2018 Student Volunteer Award Recipients
The Board of Education recognized the 2018 Student Volunteer Award Recipients (pictured above from left to right) Cherokee High School senior Jacqueline Wenzel, Seneca High School senior Ryan McLaughlin, Shawnee High School senior Caroline O’Rorke and Lenape High School senior Samantha Sorid. A short Student Volunteer Award Recipients video, featuring each of the 4 students, was shown at the meeting.
2018 Parent Volunteers Honored
The Lenape District Board of Education honored parent volunteers from all four high schools (pictured above from left to right). Kimberly Manchio from Seneca High School, Karin Wetterau from Shawnee High School, Tracey Lajoie from Lenape High School, and Deirdre Woodard from Cherokee High School were all recognized for their efforts in making Lenape District programs successful.
Investors Bank Donates to Defy the Issue
Leaves of Absence
Resignations and Retirements
Transfers and Promotions
- The Board of Education approved the monetary donation of $300 for the District Special Needs Prom from Staff Members of the Cherokee High School North Security Department.
- The Board of Education approved the donation of a "Dear Esther" Performance valued at $1,800 for Shawnee 9th and 10th grade students from Esther Raab Holocaust Museum and Goodwin Education Center.
- The Board of Education approved the monetary donation of $3,500 for the Cherokee High School/District Autism/MD Program from Suede Salon and Spa.
- The Board of Education approved the monetary donation of $100 for the Shawnee High School 2018 Hall of Fame Program from Zinc Cafe.
- The Board of Education approved the monetary donation of $752 for the Shawnee High School Field Hockey Team from the Shawnee Field Hockey Booster Club.
Numerous other requests for approval of student activities and education items were approved by the Board of Education. These approvals are reflected in the formal minutes of the meeting which are available in the office of the Board of Education Secretary.The next Board of Education meeting is Wednesday, June 27th at 7:30 p.m. at the Lenape District Administration Building in Shamong.