Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 15 mins
Total time 25 mins
Author: Liz Fourez
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into ¼" slices
- 1 Roma tomato, diced,
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients (all the cheese and seasonings). Spray a 1.5 quart baking dish or pie pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour the cheese mixture into the dish. Bake 15 minutes until all the cheese is melted, bubbling, and slightly browned on top.
- Meanwhile, put the sliced Italian bread in a single layer on baking sheets and toast them in the oven during the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Garnish the dip with diced tomato and parsley, if desired, and serve immediately with the toasted bread for dipping.
You can mix the dip ingredients by hand with a sturdy spoon, but I like to use my stand mixer to get the job done quickly.