Easy Sugar Cookies
"Quick and easy sugar cookies! They are really good, plain or with candies in them. My friend uses chocolate mints on top, and they're great!"
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Prepare a small bowl of colored sugar for rolling cookies in.
3. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, using white paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
5. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
6. Roll a teaspoonful of dough into rounded balls and roll in colored sugar.
7. Place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
8. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.
9. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.