• RCBC and Rowan Univ.
    College Accelerated Program (CAP)

    The Lenape Regional High School District, through a College Accelerated Program (CAP) in partnership with Rowan College at Burlington County College (RCBC) and with Rowan University (RU), offers students taking select courses an opportunity to earn high school and college credit. Your student is enrolled in at least one course that qualifies as a RCBC or RU CAP course. Click here for a list of RCBC and RU CAP courses. 

    These courses are taught during the regular school day by Lenape Regional High School District teachers, who are also certified as RCBC or RU adjunct professors. Students who would like to receive college credits must complete the RCBC and/or RU registration process and pay RCBC and/or RU tuition.

    A few facts to consider when deciding to register for CAP credit:
          ·       Each CAP class is only $150 (this includes all 3- or 4-credit college courses).
                  For LRHSD courses that are equivalent to two CAP courses, tuition is $300 (e.g.
                  Television Broadcasting Technology II is RCBC ETV 101 and ETV 105, 7 credits,

           ·       No additional fees (e.g. textbooks or activity fees) will be collected.

           ·       Many in-state and out-of-state colleges accept credit earned through a CAP

           ·       CAP is not intended to replace the Advanced Placement program (although a
                   student who does not earn college credit via an AP test could earn CAP credit if

           ·       RCBC and RU will only grant credit if the student earns a “C” or better in the
                   course. Students should sign up for CAP credit if they have a reasonable
                   expectation of meeting
    that criterion.

           ·       Students may only register for courses they are currently taking this school year.

           ·       Registration is final; payment for CAP classes is non-refundable once the funds
                   are sent from the school to RCBC and/or RU. RCBC and RU will not refund
                   students who drop a CAP course or earn a final course grade lower than C in
                   the CAP course, or if a college does not accept CAP credit.

           ·       It is recommended you research policies of colleges you are considering and
                   find out if your CAP credit will transfer. RCBC and RU will submit a final
                   transcript, upon request, to any higher education institution.

    Registration Information
    Students need to bring a check or money order payable to Rowan College at Burlington County College (RCBC) and a completed registration form (distributed by their CAP course teacher and available in the Counseling Center) to their school by the date listed below. This is the only time period for registrations for this year. RCBC and RU will not accept late registrations. These deadlines cannot be extended.

    October 25 = Lenape and Seneca                      October 26 = Shawnee and Cherokee

    *If you are registering for a RU CAP course (Latin or Russian), you must submit a separate check payable to Rowan University CAP for these classes.*

    Please note these two resources:
    1) RCBC is offering a reduced rate of $100 per 3- to 4- credit course for students who qualify for the Federal free/reduced lunch program.

    2) CAP Scholarships, made possible by the Lenape Regional Education Foundation, are available to eligible students for up to two CAP courses. Funding is limited. To be eligible, the student must:

             ·        qualify for Federal free/reduced lunch program

             ·        have minimum 2.5 GPA

             ·        complete the CAP application and CAP Scholarship application

             ·        be taking at least 1 RCBC and/or RU CAP course


    To apply, complete the CAP Scholarship Application @ www.lrhsd.org/CAPScholarshipApp by Oct. 13, 2017. Paper applications are available in the Counseling Center and from teachers of CAP courses.

    If you have any questions regarding CAP, contact your student’s guidance counselor.