Lenape Live OpenerIntroduction: As an assessment on your progression of camera and editing skills, you and a partner will produce an opener for Lenape Live that is a knock-off of a current or classic TV show.
Objective: By the end of this project, you will be able to analyze a professional video production to learn new techniques by creating a knock-off opener for Lenape Live.
Procedure: Choose an opening to a television show (current or classic) that you think you would be able to re-create. You will then attempt to re-create this opener, with a twist, by matching the techniques and format to Lenape Live.
- No footage (taped or ripped from YouTube) from the original video may be used, unless specific permission from Ebbes is given to you.
- The opener of the show that you choose must be no shorter than 25 seconds. -You should attempt to match the style and theme of the original video as much as possible. This includes graphics, camera shots, fonts, and editing.
- Each group will contribute to the project equally, as logged and reported to Ebbes periodically.
- Your opener choice and ideas on how to incorporate Lenape Live must be approved by Ebbes before pre-production begins.
- Each shot will be storyboarded.
- Topic Submission (w/ skills attempted): Tuesday 2/2/2016 (No Grade)
- Storyboards: Thursday 2/4/2016 (Classwork)
- Final Cut: Wednesday 2/17/2016
- Written Assignment: Friday 2/19/2016
Grading: Your grade for this project will be based on a written assignment, rather than on the final cut itself. You will write a 500-1000 word essay that includes the following information:
- Your contribution to the group - be specific here.
- The challenges you faced during this project.
- Why you chose that TV opener to parody
- What worked well – what didn’t work well
- Describe the technical procedures your group went through to produce this project