Lenape Regional High School District School-Parent Compact
The Lenape Regional High School District and the parents of the students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), and participating children, agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the high standards of New Jersey.
The Lenape Regional High School District will:
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating students to exceed the New Jersey Core Curriculum content standards for their grade level.
- Provide an environment that allows for positive communication between the parent, teacher, and student. This process can be initiated through the counseling department at their home school. Parents are encouraged to contact teachers, counselors, and/or administrators via email and/or voicemail.
- Provide parents with frequent reports on their child’s progress. Reports of students’ marking period grades are issued every nine (9) weeks. All students and parents/guardians have access to monitor student progress throughout the year via the Genesis Student Information Parent Module.
- Provide services such as the school counseling center, which is a valuable parental resource. Counselors are available to help parents, teachers, and students navigate the high school experience together.
- Provide opportunities for parents to become active members of the school community through school-based parent organizations.
- Hold annual meeting to inform parents of the school’s participation in Title I, Part A programs, explain the Title I, Part A requirements, and the right of parents to be involved in Title I programs.
We, as parents, will support our children’s learning in the following ways:
- Stay informed about my child’s academic progress via the online Genesis Student Information Parent Module.
- Stay informed about school news and announcements by utilizing the school website and/or promptly reading all notices received via my child, mail or email. Require regular school attendance.
- Encourage positive attitudes about school.
- Monitor obstacles to my child’s achievement in a proactive way (i.e. social conflict, substance abuse, etc.).
- Make sure that homework can be completed by providing an appropriate work space and regular time schedule.
- Participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my child’s education.
- Promote positive use of my child’s extracurricular time.
- Review, and share with my child, relevant school policies and procedures as outlined in the student/parent handbook.
As a student of the Lenape Regional High School District, I will:
- Attend school regularly.
- Be prepared for school each day with completed assignments.
- Cooperate with parents and teachers; request help when I need it.
- Follow rules of student conduct.
- Respect the personal rights and property of others.
- Support the school district mission and beliefs.