Seneca High School commits to providing challenging and meaningful educational opportunities in a safe and supportive environment. We will provide an energized learning environment that inspires the individual to become a resourceful, life-long learner who seeks personal and interpersonal growth and serves the community. In the tradition of “Seneca family,” ethically conscious staff and students will fulfill their roles of responsibility in the ever-changing learning process and embrace the diverse backgrounds, identities, interests, and social emotional needs of others. Our students will develop into well-rounded, productive individuals who exceed the demands of college & career readiness and citizenship in the 21st Century.
We, Seneca High School, believe that…
- All people have value and should be treated with respect regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, or disability.
- Unconscious bias is a surmountable obstacle that requires self-reflection and active work to overcome.
- Our students, staff, and community are part of our Seneca family.
- A nurturing, safe and caring environment is vital to an individual’s optimal growth and well-being.
- Motivation, strategies and effort are essential components to maximizing achievement.
- Access to opportunities and challenging academic experiences are essential for promoting personal growth.
- All people have a desire and ability to learn, but people learn in different ways.
- Diverse experiences enrich lives and lead to a great appreciation of diversity.
- Prolonged care, conservation, and preservation of the environment is crucial for the well-being of current and future generations.
- Integrity, honesty and respect are vital to all healthy relationships.
- Every person is responsible for their own actions.
- All people have inherent qualities that can be used to make positive contributions to society.
- Contributing to the community is an integral part of the educational experience.
- Education is a partnership among students, teachers, family, and community.
- Involvement in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities is essential to the success of our school community.
- The school thrives with engaged and supportive staff members and students who serve as role models.
- Responsible use of technology enhances the learning experience.
- Mental health is a vital component of overall health and student success.