Defy the Issue
The mission of Defy The Issue as a community coalition involving Evesham, Medford, Medford Lakes, Mount Laurel, Shamong, Southampton, Tabernacle, and Woodland is to educate families and residents of all ages about the dangers of illegal drug and alcohol use and to provide support for young people by empowering them to DEFY the pressures of drug and alcohol use. This will be accomplished through:
- A marketing campaign demonstrating solidarity for Defy The Issue
- Education, outreach, and support for families
- Community awareness soliciting sponsorship and support for Defy The Issue from all stakeholders
"Decisions Determine Destiny"
with Eric Gremminger, CEO of ERPHealth and author of Reclaiming the Brain
May 24th from 7-8pm via Zoom
Eric Gremminger is an author, motivational speaker, recovery coach and entrepreneur. In long-term recovery himself, Eric is committed to helping as many people overcome addiction as possible by recognizing that recovery is a chance not to be as good as you were before, but better. Eric is the co-founder of ERP Health, an evidence-based behavior modification program that has been clinically implemented at multiple recovery centers nationwide.
Eric speaks regularly on the science of recovery and his work has been featured in numerous news outlets. Eric earned his Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Drexel University. His post-graduate achievements include formal mindfulness-based stress management training from Penn Medicine, becoming a certified personal trainer through the American Council on Exercise, and earning a professional development certification in applied neuroscience and brain health from The Neuroscience Academy.
- Southampton Twp. Schools & Lenape Regional High School District Parent/Student Presentation
- Video Promos
- Opening Day Staff Recognition Poster
- Freshman Orientation Promotion
- Back to School Night Promotion
- Football Helmet Decal and Collaboration with Rec. Programs
- Business Promotional Partnerships
- Clings with QR Codes
- Nike Letter
- Family Dinner Link
- Board of Education Updates
- PRIDE Grant Application Submitted by LDEA
- Medford Municipal Alliance Grant
- Partnership with Medford Township Schools as part of the Municipal Alliance Grant
- Partnership with Prevention Plus of Burlington County
- Partnership with King's Crusade
- The 15-Minute Child Break is a FREE, interactive, one hour presentation for parents, grandparents and caregivers who are concerned about children (of any age) and substance abuse. Representatives from the Partnership meet with groups on location to deliver this informative, engaging, and education presentation.
National Study from DrugFree.org
Teen marijuana use up 80% since 2008 and 1 in 10 teens report using marijuana at least 20 times a month.
Prescription drug abuse is not a new problem, but it is one that deserves renewed attention. According to data reported by the National Institute on Drug Abuse in December 2011, prescription and over-the-counter medications account for most of the commonly abused illicit drugs by high school seniors. For example, nearly 1 in 12 high school seniors reported non-medical use of Vicodin and 1 in 20 reported abuse of OxyContin. When asked how prescription narcotics were obtained for non-medical use, 70 percent of 12th graders said they were given to them by a friend or relative. More information at www.AmericanMedicineChest.com.