Seneca High School
Physical Education Department Student Contract
To help you successfully complete the Physical Education credit requirements it is important that you familiarize yourself with the following information.
- Class Preparation:
- Use of the Locker Room:
a. From 7:30 to 2:27 access to the locker room will be limited to students who are in the current physical education class.
b. Students are to be in the locker room prior to the ringing of the bell.
c. No food or drink should be brought into the gymnasium area.
d. Lockers are available for use during class periods only. A lock is required to secure clothing and valuables. It is strongly recommended that students use a combination lock. (Available in school store)
e. All locks and personal belongings must be removed at the end of each period. Failure to do so may result in your lock being cut.
f. After being dismissed from their activity, students are to change and remain in the gym until the bell designating the end of the period rings.
- Physical Education Attire:
a. Appropriate attire includes: athletic sneakers, socks, T-shirt, and athletic shorts or sweat pants.
b. Unacceptable attire examples: boots, shoes, platform sneakers, tank tops, shirts with buttons/zippers/collars or inappropriate slogans or images, cut-offs, shorts with loops, all types of jewelry and body piercing, and clothing worn during that school day.
1. All students are expected to adhere to safety rules and procedures as well as activity/game regulations.
2. While incidental body contact is sometimes unavoidable during some Physical Education activities willful, flagrant, and/or overaggressive contact will not be tolerated.
a. Consequences will include:
1. Student will be removed from the activity.
2. A grade deduction equal to non-participation will be
3. A discipline record will be sent to the student’s Assistant principal.
- Non-participation in class:
- Acceptable excuses:
a. Absence from school
b. A physician’s note presented to the school nurse prior to the beginning of class.
c. Administrative requests and appointments scheduled by a school counselor.
d. Field trips
- Examples of unacceptable excuses (non-participation):
a. Failure to dress appropriately for the activity
b. Cutting class
- ALL absences from class must be made up by written “make-up” reports. It is the obligation of the student to meet with their instructor either: a) prior to the beginning of a medical excuse or b) the day immediately following an absence from class to receive their assignments and due dates.
- Students who are medically excused from participation are required to take all written quizzes, the final exam, and meet with their regularly scheduled Physical Education teacher on a daily basis.
- Grading breakdown:
- Marking period grade:
a. -10 points for: Unprepared, cutting or discipline removal.
Unprepared does not excuse a student from participating
in class activity
b. -5 points: Absence from class
c. Loss of points may be deducted for:
Jewelry or other safety concerns
d. Assessments: Skills, quizzes etc...discretion of the teacher
e. You may make-up 2 unprepared classes per marking period
(see individual teacher)
f. Final grade will be determined by the following formula:
Marking Period (1 or 3) + Marking Period (2 or 4) /2 = Semester Grade
I have read and understand the above information. I realize that I am responsible for my own valuables, that I need to provide my own combination lock to secure them during class, and that I am expected to remove them at the end of the physical education period. I am aware that failure to comply with this procedure could result in the theft of my valuables. Furthermore, Seneca High School and the Lenape Regional High School District will not be responsible for my loss of personal items if they are stolen.
Date: Student's Signature
Date: Parent's Signature
______________ _____________ ______________
Teacher Class Semester
- Class Preparation: