What can you be doing to qualify for NHS?Note: Juniors and seniors who meet the GPA requirement for Seneca's National Honor Society receive an invitation to apply in September.Please visit the following link to view the Lenape Regional High School District's NHS Policy: Click Here
1. Scholarship: Maintain a minimum un-weighted GPA of 3.250 or weighted GPA of 4.875.
2. School Service: Participate in a minimum of three varied school sponsored activities per year.
3. Community Service: Document your community service hours (minimum 20 hours per year) and acquire letters from the advisers with the number of hours, signatures and phone numbers. All letters must be on letterhead.
4. Leadership: Demonstrate leadership qualities in and out of the classroom. The student who demonstrates leadership:
- Resourcefully solves problems, applies principles, and makes suggestions
- Demonstrates initiative in academics and school activities
- Positively influences peers by upholding school ideals
- Contributes ideas that improve the civic life of the school
- Effectively and fairly delegates responsibilities
- Exemplifies positive attitudes and inspires positive behavior in others
- Successfully holds school offices or positions of responsibility
- Displays reliability and dependability
- Leads in the classroom, at work, and in other school or community activities
- Values scholarship and maintains a loyal school attitude
5. Character: Demonstrate the six pillars of good character: respect, responsibility, trustworthiness, fairness, caring and citizenship.