Dear Cherokee Senior:
Senior year is a very exciting time! As you start to plan for graduation and life after high school, we are here to help you reach your goals. Very soon you will be scheduled for a senior small group meeting to review application and recommendation procedures. In addition, we will be meeting with you for an individual Senior Interview to review transcripts, graduation requirements, and discuss your post-graduation plans. Below you will find some helpful tips and important dates.
- Stay informed about events and opportunities related to college admissions. Visit the Cherokee website, individual college websites and Naviance to find out about college presentations, open houses and career fairs.
- Use Naviance to register for instant decision days and college rep visits.
- Remind your parent to attend Senior Parent College Application Night on September 24, 2019 at 7 pm in the PAC.
- Watch deadlines for applications, transcript requests, and financial aid.
- Learn more about financial aid and the FAFSA at Cherokee’s Financial Aid Night on October 22, 2019 at 7pm in the North Cafeteria.
- If needed, register to take the SAT and/or ACT. Use collegeboard.org or www.act.org for information and registration.
- Look into the benefits of Rowan College at Burlington County (RCBC), including the unique scholarship opportunities RCBC offers.
- If you are interested in participating in Division I or II athletics in college, visit the NCAA eligibility website for specific information about courses needed and registration.
- Make the most of your senior year. Enjoy the time you have left at Cherokee!
Cherokee High School Counselors