Interact Club Constitution
ARTICLE I — Name
The name of this organization shall be the Interact Club of Shawnee High School.
ARTICLE II — Purpose and Goals
The purpose of Interact is to provide opportunity for young people to work together in a world fellowship dedicated to service.
The goals of Interact are:
1. To recognize and develop constructive leadership and personal integrity.
2. To encourage and practice thoughtfulness of and helpfulness to others.
3. To create an awareness of the importance of home and family.
4. To build respect for the rights of others based on recognition of the worth of each individual.
5. To emphasize acceptance of individual responsibility as the basis of personal success, community improvement and group achievement.
6. To develop life skills including self development, time management, and personal finances.
7. To recognize the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve society.
8. To provide opportunities for gaining increased knowledge and understanding of community, national, and world affairs.
9. To open avenues of personal and group action leading to the advancement understanding and goodwill toward all people.
ARTICLE III — Sponsorship
The sponsor of this Interact club is the Medford-Vincentown Rotary Club. The continued existence of this Interact club shall depend upon the continued active personal participation of the sponsoring Rotary club.
ARTICLE IV — Membership
- To be eligible for membership a person must possess good character and leadership potential.
- Each member of this club shall attend 80% of this club's regularly scheduled meetings.
- Each member must participate in 4 Interact service activities and 1 rotary event per year.
- Each member must participate in 6 fundraising activities per year
- Membership shall automatically terminate upon graduation, by termination of the club or by failure to meet attendance requirements unless excused by the board of directors of this club for good and sufficient reason.
The club shall meet at least once per month at a time and place suited to the convenience of the members, with due regard for their school obligations.
ARTICLE VI — Officers and Directors
1. The officers of this club shall be a president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer.
2. The governing body of this club shall be a board of directors composed of the president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer and additional directors.
**This club shall be subject to the same regulations and policies established by the school authorities for all student organizations and extracurricular activities of the school.
ARTICLE VII — Activities and Projects
1. This club shall be responsible for planning, organizing, financing and conducting its own activities and shall itself supply the money, manpower and creative imagination necessary thereto, except that in the case of joint projects or activities undertaken in cooperation with other organizations, such responsibility shall be shared with such other organization(s).
2. The club shall undertake among its activities at least two major service projects annually, one designed to serve the school or community, the other to promote international understanding, and each shall involve all or most of the members of the club.
3. The aim of international service in Interact is to encourage and foster the advancement of international understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of youth united in the ideal of service. The aim of community and school service is to encourage and foster the application of the ideal of service by each Interact club member to his or her personal, community and school life.