LRHSD Reunification Information
The Lenape Regional High School District (LRHSD) has a reunification process in place to account for all students and staff and ensure the smooth return of all students to authorized parents or guardians in the event of an emergency evacuation. Please know that your student(s) will be cared for by school personnel during this entire process.
Parents/guardians can help to ensure a smooth process by making sure your emergency information in Genesis is updated with your most current contact information, including the names, email addresses and phone numbers of people who have permission to pick up your child. If you need help updating your information in Genesis, contact your child’s guidance counselor.
All official communications will come from the LRHSD and/or local law enforcement throughout an emergency that requires the LRHSD to transport your child away from their school to a safe location.
Important details regarding the communication process:
- Please do not respond to any emails or text messages since those accounts are not monitored.
- Due to the high volume of incoming calls and text messages, you may not be able to contact your student via their mobile device.
Important details regarding pick-up at the reunification location:
- Please do not attempt to come to the school as roadways will be closed by police during their investigation. You will be notified about the reunification location at the appropriate time.
- Students will only be released to previously authorized emergency contacts listed in Genesis.
- You must provide photo identification in order to pick up your student(s).
- You must be 18 years of age in order to pick up your student(s).
- Please limit the number of emergency contacts that respond to the reunification location.
Once checked in at the reunification location, you will be required to complete a Student Release Form. School personnel will be on-site to verify that your student is only released to the emergency contacts listed in Genesis that you have previously authorized.
Once school personnel confirm your identity and ensure you are authorized to pick up the student(s) you have requested, you will move to a holding area where you will receive updates and wait to be called for reunification with your student(s).
You will then be escorted to the reunification room where your student(s) will be brought to that same room to meet you. We understand that this can be a difficult and stressful time for all involved and we greatly appreciate your patience throughout the process as we ensure the safety of all of our students. Our first priority is always the safety of our students and staff, directly followed by accurate communication to families.
If you have any questions regarding the reunification process, please feel free to contact your child’s school.