Criteria for acceptance of Lenape Regional High School District Credit for Work/Internship opportunities under Option 2 (Grades 11 through 12):
This is not designed to replace or work in conjunction with our cooperative education programs. The cooperative education programs (CBE/CWE/CME) have a required classroom component and provide supervision and on-site visits. Under CBE/CWE/CME students receive 15 credits: 5 credits for the required class and10 credits for the work experience component.
High School credit will be awarded for programs under the following conditions:
1. Programs will only be approved for students in grade 11 or 12.
2. It is the responsibility of the student and parent/guardian to find a work/ internship placement which suits the interest and career goals of the student.
3. The duration of the internship may begin from June 1 and must be completed by June 1 the following year.
4. The application must be submitted to the school counselor. The counselor and the principal's designee will approve or reject the application. Any change in the work/internship must be approved.
a. A shortened school day might not be possible after schedules have been finalized in late August.
5. A student must intern for at least 180 hours to earn 2.5 credits or 360 hours to earn 5 credits. No partial credit will be given. Pass or fail grade will be issued. Grade will not affect GPA or class rank.
6. Hours will begin to be counted from the time of application approval and must be completed within the school year.
7. The attached weekly log must be filled in by the student and signed by the site supervisor. The log is to be signed by the student's guidance counselor in September and at the end of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd marking periods. The entire log will be turned in by June 1 of the year the program is completed to the counselor.
8. At the discretion of the school administration and/or site supervisor the student may be ineligible to receive credit under this program (excessive school absenteeism, tardiness, insubordination, dishonesty,poor performance, or other serious violation).
9. If the student has early release or late arrival due to the work/internship (and the work/internship is not on school grounds), the student cannot be on school property during such times.
10. Working papers, if needed, may be obtained through the school office.
11. The safety, cost and transportation, to and from, any Option Two program and any and all costs for programs, fees, books, supplies, support, tutoring, etc. are the responsibility of the student's parent/guardian. By completing the Option Two request the parent/guardian(s) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Lenape Regional High School District, its agents or employees from any and all claims of any type, action, complaint, judgment, costs or personal injury, arising out of, or related to, the student's participation in the Option Two program.