Criteria for acceptance of Lenape Regional High School District Credit for College Courses under Option 2 (Grades 9 through 12):High School credit will be awarded for courses taken at a college/vocational institution under the following conditions:
1. Student and parent will make a request to School Counselor.
a. A shortened school day might not be possible after schedules have been finalized in late August.
2. Course must be approved by the school Principal or Designee.
3. Student must be approved by the college/vocational institution and meet their requirements to take course(s) as a high school student.
4. An official transcript from the college/vocational institution will be required at the end of the course to award credits.
a. Credits that will determine grade level promotion must be submitted by August 1st.
5. If a student successfully completes an out of district course it will be recorded on the student's transcript as a Pass.
6. If a student wants the course to count in the GPA and class rank:
a. The course must be equivalent to a course in the Lenape Regional High School District Program of Studies.
b. The student must complete the district assessment upon completion of the course.
c. The recorded grade will be an average of the out of district grade, based on the official transcript, and the grade earned on the Lenape District assessment. Out of district grades which are not numerical grades will be averaged as A = 95, B = 85, C = 75.
7. College credits will be assessed by the counseling supervisor and be converted to the Lenape Regional High School District 5.0 credit scale.
8. The district reserves the right to approve any course affected by state assessments.
9. Courses may be taken any semester after September 1st of the student's 9th grade year.
10. The safety, cost and transportation, to and from, any Option Two program and any and all costs for programs, fees, books, supplies, support, tutoring, etc. are the responsibility of the student's parent/guardian. By completing the Option Two request the parent/guardian(s) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Lenape Regional High School District, its agents or employees from any and all claims of any type, action, complaint, judgment, costs or personal injury, arising out of, or related to, the student's participation in the Option Two program.