March 17, 2021 - Lenape Regional High School District Board Highlights
LRHSD Curriculum Presentation
LRHSD Director of Curriculum & Instruction, Heather Xenakis, along with Assistant Principals Larry Strittmatter (Lenape) and Dave New (Cherokee) presented a District Curriculum Overview. The presentation, to the Board of Education, covered the 7-year curriculum review timeline as well as the criteria for revising curriculum. The History and English departments have made recent significant updates to their coursework with the hard work of many. Thirty-one courses were revised or re-written, eighty-one teachers participated in the 10-month process, three UbD specialists orchestrated the training, and seven Senior Supervisors collaborated with teachers and UbD specialists to provide feedback.
Cherokee High School Presentation
Cherokee High School Principal Donna Charlesworth introduced senior Thomas Kelly and junior Angel Baliton who gave a presentation to the Board of Education about academics, athletics, community service and the various school activities at Cherokee during the first semester of the 2020-2021 school year.
Lenape High School Presentation
Lenape High School Principal Anthony Cattani introduced seniors Lauren Carson and Jonathan Yao who gave a presentation to the Board of Education about academics, athletics, community service and the various school activities at Lenape during the first semester of the 2020-2021 school year.
Leaves of Absence
Resignations and Retirements
Transfers and Promotions
- The Board of Education approved the second reading of revised Board of Education Policy 2431: Athletic Competition and Regulation 2431.1: Emergency Procedures for Sports and Other Athletic Activity.
- The Board of Education approved the second reading of revised Board of Education Policy 1648.02: Remote Learning Options for Families.
- The Board of Education approved the monetary donation of $2,500 for Shawnee's Sports Medicine Program from Rothman Orthopedics.
- The Board of Education approved the donation of Inflatable Batting Cage (valued at $4,000) for Shawnee's Baseball Program from Shawnee Baseball Booster Club.
- The Board of Education approved the donation of 4 Epi-pens (valued at $600) for Seneca's Nurse's Office from BioRidge Pharma.
Numerous other requests for approval of student activities and education items were approved by the Board of Education. These approvals are reflected in the formal minutes of the meeting which are available in the office of the Board of Education Secretary.