10-23-20 Notification of Positive COVID-19 Cases at Shawnee High School
Dear Students, Staff, Parents/Guardians:
This letter is to inform you that today we learned that two individuals at Shawnee High School have tested positive for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). However, one of the individuals is fully remote. The District is coordinating closely with public health officials and following CDC, state, and local health department guidance in order to assure the health and safety of our community.
Contact Tracing is underway. If you are identified as a close contact (within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more) you will receive an additional notification. No further action is required if you do not receive an additional notification.
Cleaning and disinfecting of all exposed areas has been completed. The school is also taking precautions to prevent the introduction and spread of viruses and other germs and is cleaning frequently touched surfaces daily. The status of this situation is fluid, and we are monitoring it closely.
We encourage parents and students to continue following the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention promoted safeguards, such as:
- Staying home when you are sick;
- Washing hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds;
- Covering coughs and sneezes and properly disposing of tissues;
- Limiting close contact with people who are sick and not sharing food, drinks and utensils;
- Practicing social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart);
- Wearing a face covering while in school; and
- Continuing to monitor your health for symptoms.
As always, we appreciate our community’s support and cooperation. You can assist us by remaining vigilant but sensible in your approach to dealing with this health concern. Should you have any questions about this situation, please feel free to call me directly at 609-654-7544, extension 449000 or our school nurse, Victoria Fenton at 609-654-7544, extension 443900.
Shawnee High School