9-11-20 Communication of COVID-19 Protocols
As we send out this notification we have not had any reported positive cases of COVID‐19 in the Lenape Regional High School District. However, we wanted to make you aware of our protocols in the event that we do have positive COVID‐19 cases.
Communication of Confirmed COVID‐19 Persons Procedure
1. Each principal will notify all students, staff and parents if there is a confirmed COVID‐19 person who was in the school building with a general letter. Recipients of this general notification requires no action by any student or staff member.
2. Individuals identified through contact tracing as being in “close contact” with a confirmed COVID‐19 person will receive an additional notification. Recipients of this “close contact” letter must stay at home 14 days from the date of exposure, practice social distancing and monitor for symptoms.
“Close Contact” a person who spent 15 minutes or more within a 24-hour period and was within 6 feet of a person who is infected with COVID-19. Exposure must happen while the infected person is infectious (2 days before onset to 10 days after).
Check out the resources below for more information from the New Jersey Communicable Disease Service and New Jersey Department of Health
- Timeframe for Self-Isolation/Quarantine Based on Testing Result
- Why You Can't Test Out of COVID-19 Quarantine
Required Actions by a School with Multiple COVID‐19 Confirmed Cases
If there are two or more cases of individuals in the school in a 14 day span there are varied responses required by a school district. Please be advised LRHSD will work with the NJ Department of Health to ensure we are taking appropriate actions. In general, here is what our students, staff and parents should expect:
* Note: A temporary closure may also be considered for a period of 2-5 days if a student or staff member attended school while potentially infectious, before being confirmed as having COVID-19. This short-term dismissal allows time for local health officials to gain a better understanding of the COVID-19 situation impacting the school and perform contact tracing.