Google Slides - Favorite Musician
How do I ... in Google Slides?
Create and arrange slides
New slide—There are several ways to create a new slide. The easiest is to click the add button in the toolbar. You can choose a layout for the new slide by clicking the Down arrow arrow_drop_down.
Move slide—Drag the slide you want to move to a different position in the presentation. To move several slides at once, Ctrl+click multiple slides before dragging them.
Delete slide—Right-click the slide you want to delete in the sidebar and click Delete.
Duplicate slide—Right-click the slide you want to duplicate in the sidebar and select Duplicate slide.
Add and edit content
Rename your presentation—Click Untitled presentation and enter a new name.
Add images—Click Insert > Image to add images from your computer, the web, Google Drive, and more. You can also move, delete, or resize images.
Add text—Click Insert > Text box to add new text boxes, then click on a text box to enter text. You can also move, delete, or re-size text boxes.
Add videos, shapes, charts, and more—Click Insert to add videos, shapes, charts, slide numbers, and other features to your presentation. You can also move, delete, or re-size these inserted features.
Add a link
- Click where you want the link, or highlight the text that you want to link.
- Click Insert Link.
- In the "Text" field, type the text you want to be linked.
- In the "Link" field, enter a URL or email address, or search for a website.
- Click Apply.
Add borders to images and objects
- Select an image, shape, or graph and click Line color border_color.
- Choose a color for the border.
- (Optional) Click Line weight line_weight to adjust the border thickness.
- (Optional) Click Line dash line_style to change the border type.
- (Optional) To remove a border, click Line color border_color and select Transparent.
Edit the background of a slide
- Choose a slide
- At the top, click Slide Change background.
- To the right of "Image," click Choose.
- Choose an image, then click Select. To add the image to one slide, click Done.
- Click Insert > Video.
- Choose an option:
- On the Search tab, enter your search terms and click Search search.
- On the By URL tab, enter the URL of the YouTube video.
- On the Google Drive tab, select My Drive, Shared with me, or Recent. Choose a video from the results that appear or enter your video details in the Drive search box.
- Click .
- In the top-right corner of the chart, click Linked chart options and choose Open Source:
- Column A - Add the song titles
- Column B - Change Period to Length. Add the length of each song to the sheet. Four minutes and thirty seconds should be entered as 4:30
- Column C - Delete
- To edit the colors, fonts, etc, click the three dots on the upper-right hand corner of the chart
- Be sure to hide the legend (Customize=>Legend)
- Exit out of Google Sheets
- Click the Update button on the chart in Google Slides
Transitions make moving from one slide to the next a little more interesting, by fading or sliding into the next slide. Animations make shapes, images, or text boxes dynamic—they can fade in or out, appear and disappear, or fly in and out with the click of a button.
- Select the slide you want to add a transition to.
- Select View > Animations.
- Click the arrow next to Slide.
- Select the type of transition.
- To apply the transition to the entire presentation, click .
- To test the transitions, click .
Add animations to text, images, or shapes
- Select the object you want to animate and select Insert > Animation, or right-click the selected image, shape, or text box and select Animate.
- Select the type of animation.
- Select After Previous or With Previous so the animation advances automatically.
- Specify an animation speed.
- (Optional) To animate other objects on the same slide, select the object and click Add animation.
- (Optional) To test the animations, click .
Animations are played in the order they appear in the Animations pane. To change the order, drag an animation up or down in the list.
- Open the file you want to share.
- Click .
- Enter the email addresses or Google Groups you want to share with.
- Choose what kind of access you want to grant people:
- Can edit—Collaborators can add and edit content, or add comments.
- Can comment—Collaborators can add comments, but not edit content.
- Can view—People can view the file, but not edit or add comments.
- Click .
For this project, share the presentation with me so I can only view it.
Contact Mrs. Cashman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-654-5111 ext. 8454